O'Brien Irish Open
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Use the Forum

Go down

How To Use the Forum Empty How To Use the Forum

Post  Conor Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Why to create a forum account: While I have the forums open so that anyone can view it, signing up for an account has a lot of benefits:

* Your posts will be identified as coming from you, rather than "Guest" so you'll get all all the credit for your amazing wit.
* The forum will keep track of which topics you've read and highlight any topics that have new posts each time you login.
* Later on, particularly for things like pictures, I'm sure I'll be making Member-only forums to give us some privacy and you'll need an account to see that stuff.
* For the next month, I've paid to disable ads for guests and members but after that they will only be disabled for members, meaning that if you're not logged in you'll be subjected to advertisements while you browse.

How to create a forum account:

1. Click on the Register button.
2. Choose "I Agree to these terms".
3. Fill out the username / email / password (make up a username/password that you'll remember). Hit Save.
4. Re-enter your password and fill out the "confirmation code". Hit Save again.
5. If you are sent back to the username / email / password page, there will be a red error message telling you what went wrong with your request. Fix the problem and try again.
6. You should now see the message "Your account has now been activated. Thank you for registering."
7. Now it's time to login to the forum.

How to Login to the forum:

1. Click on the Login button (right next to Register).
2. Enter your username/password.
3. If this is your own personal computer, I recommend clicking the "Log me on automatically at each visit" checkbox.
4. Hit the "Log in" button.

If you have any questions, go ahead and post them here by hitting the "Post Reply" button.
Conor
Conor

Back to top Go down